We made this cake for a family dinner and it was a hit with children and grandparents— and everyone in between. The tupelo honey drizzle adds extra sweetness without overpowering the cake.
Total time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Servings: 10 to 12
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Bee America Tupelo Honey for drizzling on cake slices before serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour a 9-inch round pan.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and orange rind. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and 3/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy in a large bowl.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Whisk in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated.
- Stir in the pecans.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Invert the cake onto a wire rack after 5 minutes and cool for another 10 minutes.
- Cut the cake into wedge-shaped pieces.
- Drizzle the honey over the cake before serving.