The sweetness of the honey and the heat of the chili paste perfectly balance out this dish. We like to grill the chicken for the slightly smoky flavor it imparts to the marinade, but you can also pan fry the meat.
Total time: 30 minutes, plus marinating time
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Bee America Orange Blossom Honey
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha (hot red pepper chili paste)
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 8 chicken breasts (about 3 1/2 pounds)
- Combine soy sauce, onions, rice wine vinegar, honey, cilantro, Sriracha, sesame seeds, ginger, garlic and sesame oil in a large bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Place the chicken in a large plastic bag or baking dish and cover with one-half of the marinade (reserve the other half for basting during grilling in a separate container).
- Toss to combine and place in the refrigerator and marinate 3 hours to overnight. Also store the reserved marinade in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the grill to a medium-high temperature.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on the grill.
- Sear the chicken for 2 minutes per side.
- Reduce the grill temperature to medium and grill the chicken for 5 more minutes.
- Reduce the grill temperature again to medium-low and glaze both sides of the chicken breast with the reserved marinade.
- Close the lid of the grill and continue cooking the chicken for another 3-5 minutes to form a glaze on the meat.